Thursday, May 12, 2011

More Gardens

ah... Well I talked my parents and Luke into putting more gardens in and I just ordered the plants for them. Yesterday Luke rototilled a large garden in the back of my yard for melons, specifically honeydew because I LOVE honeydew. And we put in two smaller ovals for what was supposed to be blackberries and blueberries. Well after a round of shopping and a look at cost online I couldn't believe the price of blueberries. Are they flippin nuts?! My gosh, I mean Home Depot was getting 15 for a lousy looking plant that was maybe in a 1gal bucket. Menards was getting 20 for a nice looking plant in a 3gal bucket. But id need 4 plants of each at 20 dollars each?! I mean for real. thats a lot of berries I'd have to buy in the stores to be even. So while I was ordering some gorgeous pink climbing roses for 'Paradise' I was porusing their sale items and low and behold they have bush cherries. What is that? Heck I didn't know either. So I read the description and read on some other sites and decided that they would be perfect. and Perfectly cheap too. 3yr old fruiting plants for $6.95 for 5 Plants! YEP you know it! And the Blackberries? oh they will be here too with 5 plants for $10. MUCH better. And the random angel trumpet plant I ordered? Thats just for enjoying. And I say random because they charged 10 for you to pick your color or 4 if they picked it for you. I looked at my color options and decided they all were pretty and that I would be pleasantly suprised by what I got. :) yay.

Look for more pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment